Friday, October 05, 2007

Steph Cameo

"Hi y'all," said Kelly Clarkson over the radio. The radio DJs said it was cool how she kept saying "ya'll". I found it pure annoyance.
Silly Texans!
That includes you George Bush. You silly, silly man. All against George Bush say "I"!!

So, the story goes...
Dave's internet chucked a sissy and just won't cooperate with him anymore. He blames Optus. I blame Technology.
"Is it just me or is all technology against me?"
Yes Dave, sadly the bad guy named Technology is against you.

"Anyway some people just don't enjoy making a fool of themselves over the internet and I can respect that." Hi, I am the Steph Dave has been talking about and I am that kind of person, but here goes. I'm on a 2 week break at the moment and with my list of Movies To Watch growing I decided to rent out some DVDs. I waited for Tuesday or Crazy Tuesday as they call it at the video store around the corner from my place. Movie lovers are in bliss on Crazy Tuesdays, reason being all movies rented out are only $1!! -insert gasp- well except for the new movies that just came out on DVD. There always has to be a catch. Anyway, I rented out: Reign Over Me, Big Fish, Little Miss Sunshine, Anchorman, The Rage in Placid Lake and Stranger Than Fiction. 6 movies for $6, that's what I like. I must say Will Ferrell and Steve Carell are the greatest comics alive!

They were all great movies but I think Tony McNamara's The Rage in Placid Lake deserves more credit. I only discovered this movie because Ben Lee has the lead role (Dave and I are big fans). It was his first time acting but I think he did pretty well. He was great for the role as the smart talking, almost goofy Placid Lake who was a bit different from everybody else. He even has an in-the-storeroom-at-work-sex-scene and calls his Dad a f-ing cocksucker. Who would've thought out of all people for Ben Lee to be this character. Rose Byrne was great as Gemma the genius using her wit to get out of situations such as when she got home to find a hopeful, stark naked guy donning a dog collar and leash tied to her dining table wanting to...how do I say...pop her cherry? do the dirty deed? get downn wid teh ho? The movie is about Placid wanting to fit into the mainstream of things and decides to reinvents himself as an obedient corporate drone working in insurance. OK, may sound weird but it's a hilarious movie and I do recommend it. As in: Go Watch It Now Please :]. Plus you get to see Ben Lee half naked with his 6 packness. Disclosure: The previous comment may only be a bonus in my eyes.

Bedtime for me as I have a 6am start tomorrow. Work is silly. But before that I must rid of this enormous blowfly (currently situated on my computer screen) from my room.

Random thing Dave has called me: Sexy Little Acorn [I have no idea how I resemble an acorn.]
Till some undetermined day in the future
Steph

PS: I hope you liked the blog.

1 comment:

Dubsy said...

hey stephy that was great :D. That was better than my posts arghhh.. show off.