Friday, February 15, 2008

Story Time

Wow it's been a while since I've been here. Just slipped my mind lately, been focused on other things. Anywho things have been good, with valentines yesterday. I got my sweety stephy a Michael Buble` CD, how romanticly cool eh? I thought so.

As I said it's story time, It's very Dexter-ish. That happens when I read something I like I tend to write in a similar style. So without further ado:

The smell was intoxicating, It filled our nostrils, It made us hungry and as seconds past that hunger grew. Our pupil’s dilated, our mouth dried out, our heart was racing and all the while the hunger grew. Soon it would be time to feed. Soon it would be time to sink my teeth into my unsuspecting prey and feast upon their soft tainted flesh. Then once again we would be happy. Though for now we waited, my beast and I.

Opening my eyes I found myself at my desk, looking around my eyes fell fixated upon the clock. I hoped that if I looked at it long enough it would send me into the future. Unfortunately it was no De Lorean and I spent the next five minutes in a titanic staring competition. Eventually, I blinked and left my desk carrying nothing but a briefcase and feelings of contempt. It was only mid afternoon but I needed to get out of the office, the stranglehold of a normal life gets to me some days. It’s ok though, my job is entirely redundant; I sit at my desk all day and pretend to be busy. Thank god for solitaire.

Just before the exit I was stopped by Marcus Walken, a fat cat from marketing. He was probably the guy I gave wedgies to in the fifth grade. Although by the looks of things he hadn’t grown up much. He was a head shorter than me, but made up for it around the waistline, the perfect build for Chris Cringle. The black and white attire he was wearing looked as expensive as his phony grin.
“Where do you think you’re off too Jack?” He asked in his peculiar accent which made every vowel sound like it cost him a fortune to pronounce.
“Off to find my Jill, it’s been a while since we went rolling down Mt Cotton.” I retorted smiling. I didn’t like these frauds, these pseudo-humans. I mean sure they looked and acted the part but in reality they were no different from the common dog.
“Ha ha, always a joker. If you’re not careful someone might confuse that with hostility. Did you get that report I emailed you? I need it signed, sealed and delivered by tomorrow afternoon.”
“Aye, aye captain” I gave him a mock salute and then continued my pursuit of freedom.

I had parked my car across the street, a gleaming red Astra. I bought it two weeks ago, and haven’t looked back since. Although it may sound weird I think I’m in love with it or as close as a man can come to love with an inanimate object. Yes, I live a very dull and unfulfilled life, or at least pretend to. Fitting in with these salt-of-the-earth type people who wake up, go to work, go home, sleep and do it all again the next day. I almost feel sorry for them. If it weren’t for the fact that there were people who were far worse off in life, such as me.

I hope you enjoyed
Random Player for Reds: Chris Latham!
Love Dave

No comments: