Tuesday, February 19, 2008

More Story

Got to love it when your girlfriend blocks you so she can play computer games. Anyway here is more story:

It took fifteen minutes of ducking and weaving through the hectic city traffic until I reached my apartment. It wasn’t big, or even average in size, but it sure was cosy – well, that’s what the real estate agent said. I made my way inside and stumbled into bed. I like to sleep; it’s my second favourite activity after eating. I’d make a good sloth.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The hair on our back stood up, our shoulders were hunched, and our teeth were barred. A woman stood in front of us, she was trapped in a corner. She wept as tears steamed down her face, ruining her makeup. We took a step forward; the hunger began to take control. She began to pray.
“Oh god…. Oh god, oh god, help me”
That voice, I knew that voice, though it couldn’t be, it just couldn’t be. We took another step forward. Now we were close enough to see and I was right, it was Stephanie.
“Run Steph, get out of here now!” I tried to yell but nothing came out. We took another step forward. “Stop it! Stop it NOW!” I screamed, again to no avail. I turned to run, but something pulled me back and forced me to watch; the hunger had control.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

“STEPH!”
My eyes sprung open as I gasped for breath. My hand was stretched out searching for something; something unreachable. The nightmare was back. A cold sweat swept down my spine as a lone tear rolled gently down my cheek. It left a wet emotional stain on my pillow as it fell.
“Stephanie” I whispered her name. If only I could turn back time. I’m stronger now, I could have stopped myself.
“DAMMIT!” Tears now running freely down my face, I picked up the pillow and hurtled it across the room. It hit the far wall and exploded in a shower of feathers. She was my everything. Now she was nothing more than horrible memory, one that I wish I could lock away in the dark corners of my mind.

I spent the next half an hour in the shower, hoping to wash away all the dirt, grime, and painful memories. Meat Loaf was right when he sung two out of three ain’t bad. Towelling myself off, I took a quick glance at the clock, six o’clock, just about time for the monster to return, just about time for me to plead him not too.

The minutes rushed by silently as I sat there waiting for my horrid fate to throw me into the corporate box in my head. From there I could only watch helplessly as a violent horror show unfolded in front of my eyes. Suddenly it hit without warning, it always does, like someone crept up behind me and punching my kidneys. I fell to the ground holding my stomach, trying to breathe but hardly succeeding. The pain was excruciating. Through it all my senses became heightened, I could taste the air as it drifted in and out of my mouth, I could hear the hair – which was now growing quite rapidly from my every orifice – rustling against the carpet as I rolled around trying to ease the pain, though above all of that I could smell it, I could smell human flesh.

I flailed around on the ground waiting, praying, for the pain to diminish. It must of took only seconds but felt like an eternity. Then as suddenly as it started, it stopped. I was no longer the man I was an hour ago, I wasn’t in control anymore. The wolf was and, more so, he was hungry.

My former self pressed his nose against the ground. He looked to pick up just the right scent to begin his hunt and I was forced to watch. Seconds later he was off, running down the street at speeds unthinkable to man, or even the average wolf; he was something else entirely. Sticking to the back alleys as to avoid detection, he was a professional in his craft. I, on the other hand, was given a time out to sit in the corner and thought about what I’ve done. I’d let the monster out of its cage and tonight someone would pay the ultimate price. It seemed only fair that I spent the time twiddling my thumbs.

His pace slowed, his sprint turned into a prowl, we must have been close to his target. He prowled in silence, melding to the shadows. The moon looked on but the alley was dark and it couldn’t see; nobody could. It wasn’t long before his target came into sight. A woman, young and beautiful, stood under the street lamp talking obnoxiously on her phone. Her red hair contrasted perfectly with her blue phone, which shone the same colour as her eyes under the moon light glow.
“Not her”
He seemed to understand me. Unwilling he turned away, he hates it when I deny him of a meal. Though I couldn’t do it she was too young and still had too much to give. It’s times like these I feel like I’m a hero.

Random Food I've Cooked Lately: Peanut Butter Balls
Dave

No comments: