Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Tale of Two Daves

Funny: The freedom of the toilet; the pee-stained, faece-smelling toilet. It's amazing the amount of power that is thrust into your hands, once you enter that not-so-sanitary cubicle. Take today for example, there were four sit ins in this one public bathroom. I went into the only one that was free. After a minute or two of reading about how Sally gives good head, it turned out that Sally was actually someone's mum - what a twist! Then I began to make animal noises. Softly at first, like a purr of a cat, but as time went on I became more and more adventurous. From barking like a dog, to screaming like a howler monkey. And you know what? No-one said a word.

That's the least of things you can do! To pass some time, and lose some weight after a not-so-lean beef burger. I began to run on the spot, which after a while turned into jumping jacks, which turned into tai chi. I had possibly the best work out of my life, if it weren't for the guy next to me dropping a load which was probably used as a prototype for the atomic bomb. So little to say, that was the end of my potty pleasures.

Not So Funny: I'm sure you can relate, but right now, for some reason, all the colours of the world have been painted black - not by The Rolling Stones. It's like I've finally realised that I've been living in a dream world. A dream that job that will be impossible to get, a dream girl that lives in Perth. Everything lies across a distant ocean, and how I'm going to get there, well your guess is as good as mine.

The thing is, that I want to be a writer, I want to be a game developer, but what if I'm just not any good at it? These are the thoughts that crept into my subconscious today, despite my army of optimistic beliefs dressed to the teeth in all the best anti-pessimism machine guns my imaginary president John Rudd could buy.

Anyway chin up, I'm sure things will work out in my favour and today is nothing but a slip up. One day I will be successful.... One day.

Randomnessy maximizing: Beer
Dave

No comments: