Thursday, July 24, 2008

Well it's about time

It's been a while since you've all last seen this unfamiliar ink sprawled accross this blog, and while I cannot really justify this brief indiscrete lack of involvement upon this particular website, although for the last two weeks I have been in perth with Steph(anie). However, it is true that my lust for writing a weekly humourous, sometimes humourless, anecdote is diminishing. Replaced instead by playing with the dull, monotonous, and yet strangely addicting video games. The worst part of it all, is that it's diluting my vocabulary, it's as though you're still in the kiddy pool of words when you're meant to be scuba diving.

Lately, I've been reading Sherlock Holmes, which you may deduct is why I am writing 'funny'. However, it seems I can't help but to be drawn into this character, this detective. It's like I want to be a superhero, but since I can't - well, not at the moment.... Maybe, I can be Apathy Man. - I've been bewildered by this sense of righteous awesomeness and how something inside of me wants to be apart of these escapades. It takes a hold of me, some sort of super hero subconcious, and I couldn't contain it whilst watching 'The Dark Knight'. I thought it was my duty to stand up amid the theatre and yell that Harvey Dent was Two Face, even though they had already revealed this.

My apologies to anyone who finds this blog dull and rather lack luster, it's been a long while since I've scribbled pen to paper. It's good to be back, and yet it sucks to be back.

I hope to write more soon
Random Word: Wanton
Dave

No comments: